Fotios Kalantzis has been working as an Economist on financing projects to tackle climate change in the Economic Department of the European Investment Bank (EIB) since September 2017.Prior to the EIB, he worked in the Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs (ECFIN), the Hellenic Energy Regulatory Authority, the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research, the Centre for Financial Studies of the University of Athens and as a business consultant at the consulting firm KPMG.He holds a Ph.D. and a master’s degree in energy economics from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Economics, in which, from 2017, he delivers a course in energy economics. During his career, he has conducted extensive scientific research and published various articles and reports on energy and climate change issues. Its specific areas of interest include energy and environmental economics, regulatory issues and econometrics. During his studies, he received scholarships from the Hellenic State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) and the Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Foundation (Sylff) for academic excellence.
- Going Green: Who is investing in energy-efficiency and why it matters, EIB, 2020, DOI: 10.2867/28919.
- Do energy audits help firms realize the energy-efficiency opportunities?, Energy Economics, 2019, vol. 83, issue C, 229-239.
- Energy Economic Developments: Investment perspectives in electricity markets, DG ECFIN, Occasional Papers, Institutional Papers 003, July 2015.
- Infrastructure in the EU: Developments and Impact on Growth, DG ECFIN, Occasional Papers, November 2014.
- Electricity Tariff Deficit: Temporary or Permanent problem in the EU?, DG ECFIN, European Economy -Economic Papers no 534, October 2014.
- Analyzing the impact of futures trading on spot price volatility: Evidence from the Spot electricity market in France and Germany, Fotis G. Kalantzis, Nickolaos T. Milonas, Journal of Energy Economics, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2012.09.017.
- Market Integration and Price Dispersion in the European Electricity Market, Fotis G. Kalantzis, Nickolaos T. Milonas, European Energy Conference Proceedings, Madrid, Spain, 2010.
- Demand for Broadband Access in Greece: Estimation and Policy Issues, Demitrius Yannelis, Apostolos G. Christopoulos, Fotis G. Kalantzis, Telecommunication Policy, 2009.
- The Oil Wholesale and retail market in Greece, Fotis G. Kalantzis, Study, 4th edition, Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE), 2007.